Our Ontario fishing resort waterway is over 24Km long and is comprised of a series of 4 main lakes full of structure for optimum Pickerel, Bass, Northern Pike or Lake Trout fishing. Our remote back lakes are adventures in themselves where half the fun is getting there. Situated deep in the Northern bush, it takes an Argo or ATV to get you there! Each Marten River Lodge back lake adventure is designed to offer you the opportunity to land a trophy fish amongst the many that you will catch.
All of our options include the serenity and tranquility that a beautiful Northern Ontario resort can provide - full of old growth forest and teeming with wildlife as diverse as the bush they inhabit. Your adventure becomes an education! For those who want to see more of this magnificent land, we offer guided 4wd ATV rentals and UTV/Argo tours where our experienced guides can show you the wilderness beyond the highway - to experience vistas and terrain most people never see. Whether your interest is flora and fauna, or getting stuck in a beaver pond - we have an adventure for you!
For those who desire a more carefree vacation at our Ontario resort, take a look at our All-Inclusive American Plan where all your meals are prepared for you. No planning, shopping or packing - we do it all with a talented master chef that understands what a fresh, hearty, and full flavoured meal is.
Behind the scenes at any Lodge is the infrastructure to make it work, so your vacation is stress-free, uninterrupted and seamless. At Marten River Lodge we think that’s important and we take it seriously. Some of the recent improvements and upgrades we’ve made to our guest amenities include:
- New 2008 16 ft Starcraft fishing boat rentals with new Mercury 20 hp electric start engines.
- New Hummingbird fish finders with temperature readings.
- A New Argo Avenger 8-wheel amphibious all-terrain vehicle to get you and your gear back deep into the bush - beyond the reach of conventional ATVs – it floats!
- New Polaris Crew-Cab UTV – a six passenger “Cadillac” of ATVs that glides over the roughest terrain so you can enjoy your wilderness tour in comfort with the convenience of a driver.
- New Polaris ATV/UTV rentals – all automatic, four wheel drive - ready to take you to another world at your pace.
- Our Northern Ontario Cottage rentals are not new and we like it that way – that’s because they are true Canadiana style - steeped in history, constructed of hand hewed logs - the kind that are no longer built. They were constructed from the resources of the land and designed to last. Our cottages are spotlessly clean and well appointed with all the necessities. Each cottage includes a large screened porch with three or four piece baths, kitchens, microwaves, coffee makers with all utensils to make a week here very comfortable! Check out our description page for pictures and details!
Finally, a lodge is only a good as the staff that runs it. We like to think we’ve got the best, because they care about you! They are experienced, engaged, and excited about being here. We all share a common philosophy of service and enthusiasm. We want you back!
Obviously, we’re proud of our facilities and offerings and we hope that you will spend some time looking though our website learning more about us and what we offer. We encourage you to call us for more information and we would be honoured to have you spend your vacation with us.