Welcome to Marten River Lodge
The Ultimate Outdoor Adventure
Welcome to Marten River Lodge. Located in Northeastern Ontario, Temagami (Near North) approximately 4 hours north of Toronto, Ontario (take me to a map).
Marten River Lodge is a Northern Ontario premier fishing, hunting, family vacation cottage and corporate wilderness retreat destination and has been providing guests with The Ultimate Outdoor Adventure for over 80 years.
Our Northern Ontario wilderness lodge and resort is designed to create your idea of a great vacation - whether it’s the pursuit of trophy Northern Pike, Bass, Lake Trout, jumbo Perch or Walleye (Pickerel), a UTV excursion, hiking, photography, canoeing, hunting for bear, moose or grouse, or just unwinding and relaxing with a good book – there is something for everyone at Marten River Lodge.
We provide family vacation cottages, private groups and corporate retreats, guided back-lake fishing adventures, housekeeping and american plan packages, free WiFi and excellent cell service.
Our Ontario fishing resort waterway is over 24Km long and is comprised of a series of 4 main lakes full of structure for optimum Pickerel, Bass, Northern Pike or Lake Trout fishing. Our remote back lakes are adventures in themselves where half the fun is getting there. Situated deep in the Northern bush, it takes an Argo or UTV to get you there! Each Marten River Lodge back lake adventure is designed to offer you the opportunity to land a trophy fish amongst the many that you will catch. Remember, our municipality, Temagami, is 1906 km sq, with only 802 people. That means there are approximately 2.38 people per km. Wilderness indeed!
All of our options include the serenity and tranquility that a beautiful Northern Ontario resort can provide - full of old growth forest and teeming with wildlife as diverse as the bush they inhabit. Your adventure becomes an education! For those who want to see more of this magnificent land, we offer guided UTV/Argo tours where our experienced guides can show you the wilderness beyond the highway to experience vistas and terrain most people never see. Whether your interest is flora and fauna, or getting stuck in a beaver pond - we have an adventure for you!
For those who desire a more carefree vacation at our Ontario resort, take a look at our All-Inclusive American Plan where all your meals are prepared for you. No planning, shopping or packing - we do it all with a talented master chef who understands what a fresh, hearty, and full flavoured meal is.
Behind the scenes at any Lodge is the infrastructure to make it work, so your vacation is stress-free, uninterrupted and seamless. At Marten River Lodge we think that’s important and we take it seriously. Some of the recent improvements and upgrades we’ve made to our guest amenities include:
- Comfortable fully equipped 16 ft. Starcraft fishing boats with new Mercury 30HP electric start engines.
- Humminbird fish finders with temperature readings.
- Argo Avenger 8-wheel amphibious all-terrain vehicle to get you and your gear back deep into the bush - beyond the reach of conventional ATVs – it floats!
- New Polaris Crew-Cab UTV – a six passenger “Cadillac” of ATVs that glides over the roughest terrain so you can enjoy your wilderness tour in comfort with the convenience of a driver.
- Free Wi-Fi, wide-screen satellite TV and guest computer in the lodge.
- Our Northern Ontario Cottage rentals are not new and we like it that way – that’s because they are true Canadiana style - steeped in history, constructed of hand hewed logs - the kind that are no longer built. They were constructed from the resources of the land and designed to last. Our cottages are spotlessly clean and well-appointed with all the necessities. Each cottage includes a large screened porch with three or four piece baths, kitchens, microwaves, coffee makers with all utensils to make a week here very comfortable! Check out our description page for pictures and details! Finally, a lodge is only as good as the staff that runs it. We like to think we’ve got the best, because they care about you! They are experienced, engaged, and excited about being here. We all share a common philosophy of service and enthusiasm. We want you back!
Obviously, we’re proud of our facilities and offerings and we hope that you will spend some time looking though our website learning more about us and what we offer. We encourage you to call us for more information and we would be honoured to have you spend your vacation with us.